8 June 2017 - URGENT WEB DEPOSIT MAINTENANCE ANNOUNCEMENT
The Web Deposit service will be Temporarily unavailable whilst the service undergoes emergency maintenance.
The following areas have cash boxes available for cash uploads:
HEALTH LAB – ANATOMY BUILDING MEDICAL CAMPUS
CHANCELLOR OPPENHEIMER DOC CENTRE – BELOW MAIN JAGGER LIBRARY UPPER CAMPUS
Copy credits can also be purchased from the campus copy and print copy rooms :
MEDICAL LIBRARY COPY ROOM - MEDICAL CAMPUS
CHANCELLOR OPPENHEIMER DOC CENTRE – UPPER CAMPUS
MASINGENE BLDG 3RD FLOOR COPY ROOM- MIDDLE CAMPUS
We thank you for your patience whilst we work on the resolution.
6 June 2017
Dear colleagues and students
After careful consideration, the executive of the University of Cape Town has taken the decision to close campus tomorrow, 7 June 2017. This step is taken as a precaution in light of the decision by the Western Cape Education Department to close primary and secondary schools. We are also mindful of the advice by the traffic authorities to keep road travel to a minimum during the expected storm.
We do not take this decision lightly. We do so to minimise the risk to students and staff of being outdoors in severe weather. There are predictions of extremely high winds, cold temperatures and the possibility of flooding to some areas, which may cause damage to infrastructure and is likely to create traffic delays. We are also mindful of the many parents on campus whose children will not be able to attend school tomorrow. While we cannot predict exactly what effect the storm will have on campus, we want to reduce the risk to all and assist the City of Cape Town in minimising elements of risk on public roads.
All staff members should ensure that they discuss the issue with their direct line manager and make the necessary arrangements. Students should be in contact with their academic department or faculty to make the necessary arrangements to ensure that affected classes and work are caught up in time.
Dr Max Price
Nashua has donated a brand new HP Printer to the Vrygrond Community Lab after a request for assistance from UCT's Department of Information Systems. We are sure the Vrygrond Community will benefit greatly from this donation and remain a proud supporter of UCT’s Community projects.”
The UCT Campus Copy & Print Service is currently serviced by Nashua Cape Town. ICTS will manage the contract and relations between the service provider and the UCT community. Together we strive for service excellence in all areas.
Nashua is in the process of replacing all devices on campus with brand new ones and has added some exciting and useful new features.
- Credits can be loaded onto Access cards at cash boxes all over campus as well as via an online Electronic Web Deposit.
- Scanning, copying and printing will be available from Nashua machines on Campus.
- All multi-functional machines are now able to scan, at no charge, to a personal email account.
- Follow-You Printing will allow you to print to any Nashua device on campus where the persmission of the faculty has been obtained.
- Mobile Printing means you can print from your mobile device: iPad, tablet, cell phone or laptop.
- Web-based Printing means you can print via a web browser from anywhere in the world and release the print when you are back on campus.
- Document Centres offer you a comprehensive and competitive print and copy service with friendly staff to assist you.
- Nashua offers an on-site helpdesk and management office who have committed themselves to "Best Service and Attention at all times".
Together with ICTS, Nashua will hold regular monthly meetings with faculty representatives and a SRC member, to ensure that all solutions are kept running smoothly.